Friday, August 27, 2010

End of the month joy!

simple fundraisers

href="http://www.fundraiserinsight.org/thermometer/">Free
thermometers
to track your href="http://www.fundraiserinsight.org/groups/tipsforchurchfundraisers.html">church
fundraising efforts

The Raffle was a a huge success thanks to all of those who sold tickets, purchased or slipped a few extra dollars in to pot on their way out of mass. The loving support of the members of Our Lady of Victory is more than I could have ever wished for. I added the $2,292 and another $2000 of my own.

The girls who were accepted to enter this year all convened at the mother house a week ago on the 22nd. Which means that God willing it's less than a year until I will be joining the sisters in Connecticut. I could actually start counting days and not have to tack that tacky "one year and" before. In the mean time though life is moving on quite wonderfully.

Fr. John, my parents and I gave a vocation's panel to the youth this past Wednesday and it went very well. We each had a short amount of time to explain a little bit about our journey's none of the kids fell asleep which I'm going to take as a sign that it wasn't horrible. From my point of view it was really good. Being able to share my story helps me to pull out what's important and assures me of why I'm doing this. It also makes the discernment more real. As I tell people I realize that this isn't just a mental musing in the chapel anymore. I've really applied and been accepted. Listening to my parents share their journey was also touching. The beauty of a faithful and caste marriage is something that can't be dwarfed by media and a world with no respect for the word. I'm certain that I won't be able to strive in the vocation of the religious life without a good respect and understanding for the married life.
I have to give Fr. John credit. He's got flair. He was the last to go and he managed to keep the kids attention while giving an informative speech about vocations and discernment and explaining his own journey. It was reassuring to hear him repeat a lot of the same things as me. (He had to come late and missed my talk. busy being a pastor and all). So I'm willing to say that the night was a personal success and I have to thank Fr. John and Fr. Chris they were both extremely helpful if not essential to the making of that evening.

No comments: