Friday, August 13, 2010

In passing

These are just a few quotes I ran across while since I last wrote.
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~Dr. Seuss

Paraphrased from a priest on the young adults retreat- There are two reasons why we do something. We do it either out of fear or out of love. When we do something out of fear it won't last, but when we do something out of love suddenly we have the strength to do anything. Strength even to stay awake with Jesus in the Garden. (Some thing beautifully said and then horribly butchered)

"When we write from the center... when we write about what matters to us most, words will take us places we don't want to go. You begin to see that you will have to say things you don't want to say, that may even be dangerous to say, but are absolutely necessary." Kathleen Norris Amazing Grace. It was quoted in a different book I was reading.

Just little snippets that I though you might enjoy. I certainly did.

PS. Pray for me. I'm going to speaking at all of the masses this weekend.

No comments: